Designing Your New Data Center
Alliant launched its business in 1998 with data center design and deployment as one of our core offers, and it has been a cornerstone of our business ever since. Our sales and engineering teams work hard to stay ahead of industry trends, to vet new technologies, and to prepare to transition your environment to more effective data center solutions.
The latest trends we see for our clients’ data centers are: centralization, consolidation, higher-bandwidth network connections, a reduced footprint through virtualization and blade servers, lower power requirements, and streamlined/automated remote maintenance. Alliant systems and networking teams can determine the optimal design for your organization, for production or disaster recovery (DR) sites. For your DR site or Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Alliant engineers will work with you to meet your Disaster Recovery requirements for RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective).
Data Center Partners
Alliant is partnered with the most successful suppliers of data storage products and services, including:
- VMware for vSphere, vCenter, vCloud, View and other virtualization products
- Cisco Unified Computing Solutions (UCS) for servers that are built for virtualization and Cisco Nexus 1000v software to apply machine-aware network policies.
- NetApp Storage for dynamic and efficient data management
Why Alliant for Data Center Design?
- Alliant is a Cisco Gold Partner, and also has the following Cisco data center specializations:
- Advanced Data Center Networking Infrastructure Specialization
- Advanced Data Center Storage Networking Specialization
- Advanced Technology Partner – MDS Fabric Switching
- Data Center Unified Computing Authorized Technology Partner
- Alliant is a VMware Enterprise Partner and is VMware Authorized Consultant (VAC) certified
- Alliant is a NetApp Gold Partner
- Alliant has a comprehensive understanding of data storage design, server and desktop virtualization, enterprise networking and data center cabling
- Alliant’s structured cabling division, ICS, provides data center ladder trays, interconnects, rack systems, and patch cabling systems
- Alliant Managed Services (AMS) is available for co-location hosting, and on-going monitoring and maintenance of your data center
Roadmap to Data Center DesignWhere are you on the roadmap to a new data center? We recommend the following steps:
- It all starts with a map.
- Where are we? Where do we need to be? What is the best route to get there? How fast can we (or should we) go? What resources do we need to make it? Every client has a different course to follow, and we customize the Data Center plan to your business goals, personnel and resources. Alliant will work with you to find the best blend of private, public, or hybrid cloud approaches for your business
- For all data center projects, we live by the philosophy that you need to spend 90% of the project timeline in the preparation stage and 10% in the implementation stage. With our broad experience in moving or virtualizing large data centers, we marshal the right people, suppliers, equipment and resources for success.
- All our hard work culminates with the cut-over, testing and completion of a successful new data center environment.