PROPOSAL AND CONTRACT TECHNICAL WRITER
Are you a creative thinker, writer and innovator? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies? Do you enjoy communicating and telling captivating stories that influence the way others think? This is your opportunity to weave your creative and technical sides, learn to do things differently and grow a long, prosperous career. This is your chance to become an unstoppable marketing innovator.
DETAILS ABOUT THIS ROLE
Alliant Technologies has redefined the IT infrastructure industry and we’re looking for a high-energy Technical Writer to help us continue to drive innovation through our unique messaging and branding. We’re seeking someone with a passion for writing and technology.
A proposal and contract Technical Writer at Alliant is responsible for organizing, managing, and drafting responses to Alliant’s Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Statements of Work (SOWs). Technical Writers coordinate and work with our infrastructure teams to gather, analyze, and compose technical information necessary to complete the applicable RFPs and SOWs. As a Technical Writer, you will utilize and maintain control of the internal RFP content database. You will also be responsible for preparing and drafting contracts, amendments, and other legal documents, as requested, using established templates.
By helping create Alliant’s external messaging and communications, this role directly impacts the overall success and direction of our organization. This Technical Writer must a have a superb understanding of Alliant’s products and services to ensure the capability of adequately addressing Customer’s needs. With this combination of technical writing skills and product understanding, the technical writer may also be given additional technical writing assignments in the company, such as product descriptions for marketing or product development. The job is challenging, but never dull, and takes place in one of the most innovative IT infrastructure organizations in our market today. An interest in technology and experience in the IT/network/security technology worlds are a big plus.
When you join Alliant, we will give you all the support you need to help you reach your full potential and share our vision to launch innovative products that shape the future of the IT infrastructure industry. We are looking for someone who can communicate the future of IT infrastructure in a strategic and compelling way. We believe in challenging the status quo and doing things not just differently, but better. We are a growth company so we’re looking for someone with new ideas who is ready to help us change the industry. Does that sound like you?
THIS IS WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
The ideal Technical Writer can:
- Write clear and concise RFPs, SOWs, and contract documents.
- Ensure consistency, clarity and quality in and across all documentation.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in editing, formatting and managing contracts and other legal documents.
- Demonstrate sufficient experience or exposure to IT technology and projects to enable writing effective proposals, RFP’s, and contracts; plus, the ability to understand the context of these documents.
- Work well independently under pressure, prioritize, and meet deadlines for assigned tasks.
- DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Excellent discipline with good organization & planning skills.
- Superior time management skills working in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience drafting RFP’s, SOW’s and/or contracts.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience within the IT industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required - Engineering, Legal (JD a plus), or Business concentration preferred.
- Superior writing and communication skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Standard business skills.
- Experience with using Microsoft Excel and Word.
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Freedom to innovate and be creative.
- Opportunity to transform an industry and deliver an exceptional, future-focused customer experience.
- A winning culture. We believe that our culture has a powerful and direct impact on our success – and vice versa. It directly aligns with our core values, is the glue that binds our organization together and the hardest thing for our competitors to copy. We constantly challenge the status quo to continuously provide an exceptional customer experience. Our industry-leading team consists of fearless innovators with diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences. We promote a strong focus on learning and career advancement and believe in working and celebrating as a team. We’re proud that as Alliant continues to succeed and evolve, so does our thriving culture.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape, enhance, and grow your career.
- Attractive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k).
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WHAT WE DO
Alliant Technologies offers a unique IT Infrastructure consumption model and a carefully designed customer experience that is nothing short of exceptional. We design, deploy and manage global IT infrastructure as a utility for some of the most well-known brands in the world. We’re a growth company that’s on a fast track of success due to our innovative approach that’s getting IT leaders back to their own innovation. Our proprietary products have been developed to enable an IT infrastructure with unmatched strength, agility, reliability—and lowered Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Now we’re looking for passionate, innovative team members who want to transform the industry with us.
Honorable. Fearless. Innovative. Those are our values and we take them very seriously. In fact, they’re written on our walls as a daily reminder of what we strive to achieve. Do they sound like words that describe you, too? If so, we need to talk.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
It’s time to take your career to the next level. If you’re ready to be part of an innovative team in a cutting-edge, professional environment, now’s your chance. We’re waiting to hear from you. Contact us at and check us out at www.allianttech.com