Alliant Technologies is proud of its staff of network engineers, trained and certified by Cisco, who are ready to support your network design projects. Here are a few of the Network Assessments that we can provide to you and your organization:
- LAN Optimization
Are you adding voice traffic to your LAN? Are you implementing QoS-based (Quality of Service) VLANs for voice or video? Are you trading-up to the new Cisco Nexus family of switches to your core infrastructure? Alliant engineers will design the best LAN strategy for your requirements.
- Wireless LAN Optimization
Alliant, along with its subsidiary ICS, has the skills and tools to implement a secure, accessible wireless LAN in your facility.
- WAN Optimization
How much bandwidth do you need at your branches? What is the best way to connect remote workers? Why is my SAP traffic slowing down at the New York office? Alliant Network Engineers can assess current bandwidth patterns and make recommendations for improvements.
- Voice and Video Readiness
As more and more companies run converged networks, bandwidth demands have increased tremendously. Alliant can determine the best ways to maximize the bandwidth you have, change your network topology, or make recommendations for additional bandwidth on high-traffic routes.
Network Optimization PartnersAlliant is partnered with the most successful suppliers of network optimization products and services, including:
Why Alliant for Network Optimization?
- Cisco Gold Partner
- Cisco Advanced Switching & Routing Partner
- Alliant is consistently recognized by Cisco for “Customer Satisfaction Excellence” for our networking projects
- Alliant’s Integrated Cabling Services (ICS) division can supply Layer 1 upgrades to your network, if you are adding high bandwidth applications to your older cabling infrastructure. ICS can also provide 802.11x scans to determine the best placement for Wireless Access Points (WAPs)
Roadmap to a Network AssessmentWhere are you on the roadmap to a more efficient network? We recommend the following steps to implement a corporate LAN/WAN optimization project:
- Determine business and technical objectives
- Are you optimizing for cost containment? Faster application performance? New network traffic loads such as voice or video? To determine where your bandwidth is over-subscribed? To capture non-standard configurations? Once we understand your concerns and goals, we are ready to get started.
- Using Alliant and/or Cisco data collection tools, we scan your network and network devices for bandwidth utilization, equipment inventory, software configurations, circuit inventory, and current physical cabling infrastructure.
- Alliant network engineers will provide thorough documentation listing all current devices, configurations, IP addressing, network elements, and software versions. You will receive a Visio diagram of the current network topology.
- Alliant network engineers will present a summary document, outlining any identified risks (for example, security lapses or single-points-of-failure), upgrade requirements (for example, End-of-Life equipment), and will prioritize a network optimization plan to reach your business objectives (such as adding QoS networking).
- Alliant network engineers are available for risk mitigation or networking upgrades based on your prioritized requirements.