VMware vSphere is the next evolutionary step in IT computing; enabling customers to bring the power of cloud computing to their IT infrastructures. Building on the power of VMware Infrastructure, VMware vSphere dramatically reduces capital and operating costs, and increases control over IT infrastructures while preserving the flexibility to choose any OS, application and hardware.
Build on a proven virtualization platform to provide the foundation for internal and external clouds, using federation and standards to bridge cloud infrastructures—creating a secure private cloud. Organizations of all sizes can achieve the full benefits of cloud computing, delivering the highest levels of application service agreements with the lowest total cost per application workload.
Alliant is partnered with the most successful suppliers of virtualization products and services, including:
- VMware for vSphere, vCenter, vCloud, View and other virtualization products
- Cisco Unified Computing Solutions (UCS) for servers that are built for virtualization and Cisco Nexus 1000v software to apply machine-aware network policies
- NetApp Storage for dynamic and efficient data management
Why Alliant for Server Virtualization?
- Alliant is a VMware Enterprise Partner
- Alliant is VMware Authorized Consultant (VAC) certified
- Alliant has converted dozens of customer Data Centers to VMware vSphere
- Alliant has a comprehensive understanding of the impacts of server virtualization on data storage, application performance and core networking
- Alliant Managed Services (AMS) is available for virtual server collocation hosting and on-going monitoring and maintenance of your virtual environment
Roadmap to Server Virtualization and Cloud ComputingWhere are you on the roadmap to virtualization? We recommend the following steps to implement a server virtualization solution:
- Capacity Planner / Server Assessment
- As a starting point, Alliant Technologies engineers will run the VMware Capacity Planner tool to inventory and assess your server environment. With the data collected, our engineers can tell you which applications are the best candidates for virtualization and your expected server consolidation ratio.
- Ready to go? Then let’s JumpStart. Alliant Technologies engineers will work side-by-side with your team to virtualize a small sub-set of your servers. Our tag team approach gets your IT operations staff comfortable with the migration and configuration process, and how to administer and maintain a virtual environment.
- Once your IT staff is ready, the Alliant team will come back in to do the first major phase of Physical to Virtual server conversions. Most of our clients start with the DR site first since many of them are paying for co-location space for DR and want to minimize their footprint and power charges. We complete the project with a DR test.
- With DR up and running, we are ready to take advantage of all the virtual data center benefits by moving the production environment to VMware vSphere. The P2V move of the production site will occur out of hours to accommodate your business needs. Our Alliant Project Manager will coordinate schedules, equipment, and services so that we have all our resources ready for the big day. All applications are fully tested with your team to be sure your end-users’ experience will be
- If you have already virtualized your servers, it is a good time to review the benefits of the latest VMware releases, and upgrade from VI-3/ESX to vSphere 4. We can use this upgrade project as an opportunity to discover if your virtualization solution is fully optimized; Alliant Technologies Systems Engineers are available to assess your situation and make prioritized recommendations for improved service levels and/or reduced operating costs.
- AMS technicians are available 24/7/365 for monitoring and managing virtualized data centers – in fact AMS has commercial data center space available for co-location if you are looking for top tier hosting for your disaster recovery or production infrastructure. AMS also has cloud computing service options, such as email archiving, available for plug-in to your environment.