Desktop Virtualization Solutions
Virtual desktops and applications (also called VDI – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) create a more flexible business infrastructure so you can quickly respond to changing business needs. With VMware View 4 solutions you will see faster user deployments, fewer help desk calls and improved business continuity. Costs will go down and service levels will go up. You can even begin delivering desktops from your data center as a secure managed service.
Desktop Virtualization Partners
Alliant is partnered with the most successful suppliers of virtualization products and services, including:
- VMware for View, View Composer, vSphere, vCenter, vCloud, and other server virtualization products
- Pano Logic “zero client” appliances to create the user desktop experience without thick client cost and complexity
- Cisco Unified Computing Solutions (UCS) for servers that are built for virtualization and Cisco Nexus 1000v software to apply machine-aware network policies.
- NetApp Storage solutions for dynamic and efficient data management
Why Alliant for Desktop Virtualization?
- VMware Enterprise Partner
- VMware Authorized Consultant (VAC) certified
- Hundreds of customer desktops converted to VMware View virtual desktops
- Alliant has a comprehensive understanding of the impacts of server and desktop virtualization on data storage, application performance and core networking.
- Alliant Managed Services (AMS) are available for virtual server co-location hosting and on-going monitoring and maintenance of your virtual environment.
Roadmap to Desktop Virtualization
Where are you on the roadmap to virtualization? We recommend the following steps to implement a desktop virtualization solution:
- Ready to try it out? Then let’s Jumpstart. Alliant Technologies engineers will work side-by-side with your team to virtualize a small sub-set of your desktops. We will deploy Pano Logic appliances and/or re-purpose existing PCs into virtualized desktops. Our tag team approach gets your IT operations staff comfortable with the migration and configuration process, and how to administer and maintain a virtual environment. This POC (Proof of Concept) stage will allow you to observe virtual desktops in action within your application and user environment, and tune your configuration as necessary for optimal performance.
- Once the proof of concept phase is completed, the Alliant team will come back in to do the first major phase of desktop conversions. We complete the project with a user test for all major departments or user groups.
- If you have already virtualized your desktops, it is a good time to review the benefits of the latest VMware releases, and upgrade if necessary. We can use this upgrade project as an opportunity to discover if your virtualization solution is fully optimized; Alliant Technologies Systems Engineers are available to assess your situation and make prioritized recommendations for improved service levels and/or reduced operating costs.
- AMS technicians are available 24/7/365 for monitoring and managing virtualized environments. AMS also has cloud computing service options, such as email archiving, available for plug-in to your environment.