We’re looking for fearless, results-oriented Project Managers who thrive on delivering significant and measureable results to customers while exceeding the goals of our organization. A Project Manager at Alliant Technologies is responsible the delivery of one or more internal and/or external projects, which may be projects of a national or international scale. Alternatively, they may be assigned to oversee several simultaneous projects at a single enterprise client. One of more associate project managers may report into them on one or more related projects. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of communications between the client, subordinate project managers, Alliant account management, Alliant engineering, Alliant NOC and Alliant management as necessary and required. The Project Manager is responsible for accurate, timely and cost effective production of project deliverables, either directly or through other project staff. The Project Manager uses software tools to track and manage project progress and reporting, holds and runs project meetings as required, and anticipates and resolves difficulties before the project is impacted.
- Supervise the daily activities of project personnel.
- Measure quality and quantity of work, and provide direction and guidance.
- Develop basic departmental best practices and procedures, and put them into production.
- Collect data on key performance indicators and work statuses.
- Resolve defects and errors by project staff.
- Run client project meetings; provide client with updates; manage client expectations.
- Coordinate onsite project activities of Alliant personnel and contractors.
- A college degree is required
- At least 3 years experience in project management, including at least one large, complex technical project
- Must have experience with standard project management tools and software.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must have budgeting, ROI and cost containment experience
- Well versed in PM methodology and practices
- PMP preferred
- ITIL training preferred
- Experience with using Excel, MS Project, Salesforce.
- Experience writing proposals, RFP responses, bills of material.
- General management experience preferred.
- Competitive commission structure
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Honorable, fearless and innovative environment where hard work is rewarded