Director of Field Engineering
We currently have an opening for a Director of Field Engineering. This is a fast-paced, challenging management position where no two days are alike. You must have at least three years management experience leading a team of technical engineers tasked with delivering IT projects involving networking, systems, storage and/or virtualization. You will be overseeing on site and remote customer project implementations, including resource scheduling, service delivery, quality control, project close out and customer satisfaction. You will be overseeing and expanding a team of networking and systems engineers, and will be responsible for all aspects of the team’s development, including coaching & mentoring, talent acquisition, team discipline, career pathing & professional development. Through effective planning and management, you will be responsible for the team’s production and revenue, ensuring cost-effective project delivery and resource utilization.
We offer a very attractive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, flexible spending and a 401(k) plan. We are an EEO employer. We are not a recruiter or contract placement firm.
- At least ten years experience working with current IT technologies, primarily Cisco-based
- Experience or knowledge with transport a plus
- Knowledge and experience with VMWare, NetApp, Bluecoat, Microsoft also helpful
- At least three years management experience overseeing a technical team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced degree preferred
- Active or expired advanced technical certifications preferred
- Superior time management skills working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to set career path & goals, conduct performance reviews, advise and counsel team members on career path, resolve conflicts
- Ability to work well independently under pressure
- A bright, energetic & positive outlook
- A great sense of humor
- Excellent organization & planning skills
- A strong communicator who proactively updates team members with status updates and problem notifications
- Someone who wants to be a member of a team made up of talented, passionate engineers, and who enjoys helping build upon each others' success
Salary range: $100k to $150k
Positions available immediately.