Customer Solutions Architect
Can you manage a team of problem solvers? Do you like to design and build systems? Do you constantly look for ways to lead change and improve the situations around you? This is your opportunity to join a growing team, learn to do things differently and develop a long, prosperous career. This is your chance to become an unstoppable innovator.
DETAILS ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for dynamic, experienced network and Unified Communications engineers who can design and implement complex enterprise voice and data solutions, as well as are comfortable discussing value propositions, return on investment, business challenges and other "sales" topics with existing and potential customers. If you enjoy designing world class technology solutions and convincing customers to pay for your ideas, this is the job for you. This is a fast-paced, challenging engineering position where no two days are alike. You should have at least five years of pre- and post-sales engineering experience. Working with a dedicated team of sales and engineering support staff, you will be responsible for participating in designing technology solutions, participating in presales engineering, and helping set the technology direction of Alliant Technologies.
THIS IS WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
The ideal Customer Solutions Architect:
- Develops enterprise level network, Unified Communications or systems designs using the requisite technologies from Cisco, VMware, and Microsoft.
- Speaks with authority and confidence on Alliant’s technical service offerings, design methodologies, project and delivery strategies.
- Functions as a presales technical resource to convince clients of the value of proposed solutions.
- Functions as a post sales technical resource to guide and oversee the delivery of proposed solutions at all levels: from leading a team of other engineers to performing hands on design, implementation, configuration and troubleshooting tasks.
- Acts as a thought leader within Alliant, advising on future trends in their technical areas of expertise.
- Guides and mentors less experienced engineers.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- At least seven years’ experience as the lead architect responsible for designing, implementing or assisting with projects such as the implementation of Cisco networks, Cisco VoIP installations, Microsoft servers, Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare and/or Cisco.
- Presales engineering experience with enterprise customers.
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines: R&S, Security, Wireless, Unified Communications, or Virtualization.
- Recent technical certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, MCTIP highly valued.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable discussing and presenting complex technical subjects with CIO-level IT management. Must be able to present the companies’ products and services to clients in pre-sales meetings and help to close business.
- College degree (BS or MS) required.
- CCIE or other advanced certifications preferred.
- Superior time management skills working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently under pressure.
- A bright, energetic & positive outlook.
- A great sense of humor.
- Excellent discipline with good organization & planning skills.
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A winning culture. We believe that our culture has a powerful and direct impact on our success – and vice versa. It directly aligns with our core values, is the glue that binds our organization together and the hardest thing for our competitors to copy. We constantly challenge the status quo to continuously provide an exceptional customer experience. Our industry-leading team consists of fearless innovators with diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences. We promote a strong focus on learning and career advancement and believe in working and celebrating as a team. We’re proud that as Alliant continues to succeed and evolve, so does our thriving culture.
- Attractive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k).
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WHAT WE DO
Alliant Technologies offers a unique IT Infrastructure consumption model and a carefully designed customer experience that is nothing short of exceptional. We design, deploy and manage global IT infrastructure as a utility for some of the most well-known brands in the world. We’re a growth company that’s on a fast track of success due to our innovative approach that’s getting IT leaders back to their own innovation. Our proprietary products have been developed to enable an IT infrastructure with unmatched strength, agility, reliability—and lowered Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Now we’re looking for passionate, innovative team members who want to transform the industry with us.
Honorable. Fearless. Innovative. Those are our values and we take them very seriously. In fact, they’re written on our walls as a daily reminder of what we strive to achieve. Do they sound like words that describe you, too? If so, we need to talk.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
It’s time to take your career to the next level. If you’re ready to be part of an innovative team in a cutting- edge, professional environment, now’s your chance. We’re waiting to hear from you. Contact us at and check us out at www.allianttech.com