The Business Development Executive is an executive level sales position that focuses on finding and developing relationships with Fortune 500 companies, governmental, federal and state agencies and their C level executives. The BDE leverages a network of business and social contacts built from a long career, preferably as a technology executive. The BDE is as comfortable discussing business in the board room as on the golf course, and has in fact influenced decisions and closed deals in both those venues.
This group is responsible for introducing new clients to Alliant. Since they are the front-line, they require a specific, unique set of skills. Do you see yourself as someone who embodies these traits?
- Passion for developing new, high-level relationships. Alliant Business Development Executives are fueled by discovering new customers, learning about their organizational challenges and goals, and helping them realize business results they didn’t even know were possible. The goal of the BDE is to guide other IT leaders through the digital transformation that is evolving with the Internet of Things. We’re looking for Alliant evangelists that can help CIOs thrive in the digital age.
- Vast network connections. BDEs bring a wealth of C-level management & relationship experience with them based on experience in previous jobs such as CTO, CIO or Senior Partner. Because of their deep understanding and appreciation of IT leadership roles, BDEs are attuned to the challenges CIOs are facing on a daily basis. In addition to developing new relationships, BDEs should also bring a large, active network of social and professional connections based on their tenure in IT and business. In turn, this is also a valuable opportunity for BDEs to expand their professional network.
- Change agent for innovation. We are changing how IT Infrastructure is delivered. Our model is new, it is different, and it is smarter. We can say this with such confidence because we work with some of the most well-known brands in the world, and they are seeing significant, measurable results. The ability to convey the level of innovation behind our model requires true understanding of it.Our Business Development Executives must be experts in positioning Alliant’s products and services at the Director and/or C-level within the customer organization. You must be able to clearly describe and articulate the value proposition of Alliant’s full suite of products and services.
This is What We Expect of You
The ideal Business Development Executive:
- Speaks with authority and confidence on Alliant’s technical service offerings, design methodologies, project and delivery strategies.
- Can articulate the particular value of Alliant’s services with emphasis on the differentiators.
- Effectively guides business thought leaders through the process of signing with Alliant.
- Acts as a thought leader within Alliant, advising on future trends in their technical areas of expertise.
- Develops a list of potential new clients with the SVP of Sales
- Constantly develops new potential C-level business relationships through a wide network of activity based on business and social events.
- Assists Contract Management and Sales Operations in the creation of client proposals, Statements of Work, Technical Consultative Engagements and product quotes.
- Manages opportunities and related data in Salesforce.com in accordance with sales policies
Do You Have What it Takes?
- Has functioned as a C-level executive for the last 5 to 10 years of their career, preferably in a technology company or a tech oriented role.
- A deep understanding of deal structures and the sales process.
- A history of keeping up with the latest developments in technology, with an eye to impact on business.
- Exceptional and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of ten years in positions such as CIO, CTO or Senior Partner at Fortune 2000 companies.
- An outgoing, friendly personality with a strong drive to succeed as both an individual and team.
- A strong understanding of the effect the evolution of IT is having on the world.
- Superior business, social and networking skills.
- A strong and polished professional demeanor.
- College degree (BS or MS) required.
- Superior time management skills working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently under pressure.
- A bright, energetic & positive outlook.
- A great sense of humor.
- Excellent discipline with good organization & planning skills.
This is What You Can Expect From Us
- A winning culture. We believe that our culture has a powerful and direct impact on our success – and vice versa. It directly aligns with our core values, is the glue that binds our organization together and the hardest thing for our competitors to copy. We constantly challenge the status quo to continuously provide an exceptional customer experience. Our industry-leading team consists of fearless innovators with diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences. We promote a strong focus on learning and career advancement and believe in working and celebrating as a team. We’re proud that as Alliant continues to succeed and evolve, so does our thriving culture.
- Attractive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k).
It’s time to take your career to the next level. If you’re ready to be part of an innovative team in a cutting- edge, professional environment, now’s your chance. We’re waiting to hear from you.
Positions available immediately.