Associate Project Manager
We’re looking for fearless, results-oriented Associate Project Managers who thrive on delivering significant and measureable results to customers while exceeding the goals of our organization. An Associate Project Manager at Alliant Technologies is responsible the delivery of one or more internal and/or external projects, which are typically projects that are small in scope, short in duration and not over a wide geographical footprint. Associate project managers may also be assigned to oversee parts of larger, more complex projects, in which case they report up to Alliant’s lead project manager for that client. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of communications for the projects to which they are assigned between the client, lead project managers, Alliant account management, Alliant engineering, Alliant NOC and Alliant management as necessary and required. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for accurate, timely and cost effective production of project deliverables. The Associate Project Manager uses software tools to track and manage project progress and reporting, holds and runs project meetings as required, and anticipates and resolves difficulties before the project is impacted.
- Supervise the daily activities of project personnel.
- Measure quality and quantity of work, and provide direction and guidance.
- Develop basic departmental best practices and procedures, and put them into production.
- Collect data on key performance indicators and work statuses.
- Resolve defects and errors by project staff.
- Run client project meetings; provide client with updates; manage client expectations.
- Coordinate onsite project activities of Alliant personnel and contractors.
- Must have 1-3 years of project management or project administrative experience
- Must have experience with standard project management tools and software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have some budgeting, ROI and cost containment experience
- Knowledge of PM methodology and practices
- Experience with using Excel, MS Project, Salesforce.
- Experience writing proposals, RFP responses, bills of material.
- Bachelor degree required.
Competitive commission structure. Attractive benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k). Honorable, fearless and innovative environment where hard work is rewarded.