AMS – Managed Co-location
For more than a decade, Alliant Technologies has worked with Enterprises
building and managing data centers, both on customer premises and in
co-location data center facilities. Alliant Managed Services has evolved this
model to leverage our lifecycle management methodology to provide custom
data center solutions that combine Alliant's infrastructure management
solutions with world class data center facilities and best-in-breed cloud
solutions. Alliant's service delivery model offers an optimized computing environment that allows our customers to supplement existing infrastructure with powerful, scalable solutions.
Alliant's Managed Co-location solution starts with our industry-leading co-location facilities provided in concert with Net Access, and adds AMS remote monitoring and management (RMM), Engineering Response (ER), with our technical service desk available 24x7 to keep your infrastructure operating at peak performance.
Internet Access Options
- Dual-provider Internet connections available in 10 Mbps increments up to 1GB throughput with diverse access routing and automatic failover
AMS Managed Hosting Capabilities
- Tier 3, SAS-70 Type II Certified Co-location Center
- Internet connections at 10+Mbps throughput
- Single hand-off fiber or Ethernet cross connect
- Diverse redundant data BGP connectivity (4Q09)
- Remote "Smart Hands" and full client access
- Redundant N+1 or 2x(N+1) UPS and Cooling systems
- On-site diesel generators and multiple fuel suppliers
- Pre-action double interlock fire suppression
- 24 x 7 robust logical and physical security
- Up to 3000 Watts per rack redundant power
- Carrier "meet me room" with inter-suite cross-connects
Alliant's primary hosting facility leverages our partnership with Net Access, and is located in Cedar Knolls, NJ. Your network facilities can be installed into a single Net Access rack or up to a full cage.
Pricing for Managed Hosting varies based on specific equipment and space requirements. The variables associated with any quote include the following:
- Number of Cabinets or Racks
- Power Requirements
- Primary and Secondary power available in double & triple pole architecture
- 110v vs. 220v
- 20 amp vs. 30 amp
- Data Connectivity
- 10 mbps
- 50 mbps
- 100 mbps
- Cross Connect Type
- Fast Ethernet
Alliant Managed Services will capture this information via data exchange or interview and create a quote. AMS will work with Alliant’s Professional Services team to complete your Datacenter migration.
Outfitting: Cage, Rack, and/or Cabinet installation; Circuit and Cross-connect installation
Migration: Transfer of equipment, application and data are brought into the new space, reinitiated, and brought back on-line.
Test & Turn-up: Production certification to predefined production levels.
Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM)
The AMS Service Desk leverages automated SNMP data polling via encrypted VPN to our Network Operations Center, where our analysts monitor the operational health of in-scope devices 24x7.
Emergency Response (ER)
Our Engineering Response provides access to a wide array of technical resources, responding to incidents remotely and dispatching to your site as needed.
Proactive Configuration Management (PCM) - Networks
Provides device administration for business changes necessary for the proper operation of your Network. IOS patch management on routers, Firewall policy changes and VPN configurations to link new business partners are all activities that can be performed by Alliant's Service Desk to complete your Network Management support.
Alliant Engineering services design, plan and execute your Datacenter migrations.
Integrated Cabling Solutions
Alliant’s cabling division offers a full range of cabling solutions to complete your installation.